- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda (or baking powder – I think both would work the same)
- Pinch of Himalayan or sea salt (+ an extra 1/2 tsp for the savoury scones)
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 cup cold soda water
- 1/4 cup sultanas
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast (or use grated cheese)
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees fan bake.
- First mix together the dry ingredients.
- Add the soda water and coconut cream and mix using a knife. Do not over mix the scone dough.
- If you are making both sultana and savoury then tip half the mixture into a separate bowl.
- To one half add the sultanas, to the other half add the nutritional yeast and extra salt.
- Place a spoonful of the scone dough mix onto a lined baking tray. Shape into a square shape (or any shape that you like really!).
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden and they bounce back when pressed.
Makes 8 scones in total
- If the mixture seems too dry then add a little more soda water. If the mixture seems too wet then add extra coconut flour.
- You can sub the sultanas for dates too! Yumm 😋