Chocolate self-saucing pudding has got to be THE BEST dessert of all time! This amazingly delicious dessert is gluten-free, refined sugar-free, dairy-free, paleo and honestly tastes exactly like the real thing.
This pudding is super tasty on its own, the sauce really does make it. Otherwise, you could serve it with coconut or Greek yoghurt.😋.
P.s. don’t be alarmed when you pour the water over the pudding, it may seem like a lot but as the pudding cooks the sauce thickens and turns delicious! When I was testing this recipe, I only used half the amount of water and there wasn’t nearly enough sauce for my liking 😊.
- 1 & 1/2 cups ground almonds
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup cacao powder or 100% cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup Blue Coconut coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp cacao powder or 100% cocoa powder
- 1 & 1/2 cups boiling water
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pre-heat the oven to fan bake at 180 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix together all the dry ingredients. Use a whisk to remove any lumps.
- Add the wet ingredients and mix again until combined.
- Pour the mixture into an oven-proof baking dish.
- To make the sauce, mix together the boiling water, maple syrup and vanilla.
- Using a sieve, dust the cacao powder over the batter, then pour the sauce over the batter using the back of a spoon.
- Bake the pudding in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until the pudding is cooked through.